AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
General Instructions for All Permanent Makeup Applications
For 5 to 7 days following application of permanent cosmetics:
• Recommendations for your After Care: Apply a light coat of Vaseline or Recover All ointment. Organic Coconut Oil may also be used if you are sensitive to petroleum. Lubricating eye drops are OK to use after procedure , but no Visine as it is healing.
• If you have an eyeliner procedure do not rub, scratch or irritate your eyes as this could cause you to scratch your cornea.
• For the first 24 to 48 hours, it is not unusual to experience some light sensitivity: the use of sunglasses is recommended.
• Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers, they may have bacteria on them and may lead to infection.
• Apply your healing ointment 3-5 times daily (using a Q-Tip) for 5-10 days until the procedure area has healed (5 days for Eyeliner, up to 10 days for Eyebrows).
*Alternate “Dry” Brow Healing. Keep Brows completely DRY for 5 to 7 days. Apply Vaseline on them prior to taking a shower only. After shower, Gently wipe off Vaseline with a clean tissue. Keep area clean & dry.
• For Eyeliner: The first 72 hours you may use 600 mg Ibuprofen every 4-6 hours as needed and ice on and off ~ 5 to 15 minutes each hour.
• No makeup, tinting of lashes or brows, sun, soap, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in the ocean for 7-10 days (until the area is completely healed).
• Restrictions on physical activities: Avoid sweating for 2 to 3 days. Recreational water activity, 5 days, gardening or contact with animals for 5-7 days after procedure. Avoid direct contact with water to area treated for the first 24 hours, then sparingly for 5 to 7 days.
• Before bathing, gently apply a light coat of ointment and remove any excess water after bathing and reapply ointment.
• Do not rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing. You may use a warm compress to remove any crusting tissue.
• If you are a blood donor, you may not give blood for one year following your Permanent Cosmetics application.
• Your Make Up will begin to turn darker immediately and for the first 3 to 4 days. After this, the color will settle to the original color and will then lighten up by as much as 50 % in the first 3 weeks.
•Touch up visits should be scheduled between 4-8 weeks post procedure. Permanent Makeup procedures are a two step process, results are not determined until a touch up application is completed.
• If you experience any itching, swelling, blistering, red streaks going from the procedure site toward the heart, elevated temperature, or purulent drainage from the procedure or any other complications post procedure, call your technician and your doctor immediately. You may be allergic to the aftercare product you are using.
Please follow these instructions to avoid pigment color loss! All permanent makeup procedures are a two step process. We also suggest a yearly ‘Color Refresher’ touch up to maintain the color integrity of your procedure.
Mahalo for choosing Mele Wahine